Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Wild Plums - Adventures in Foraging

     I have been keeping my eye on a couple of wild plum trees we discovered on our cycling adventures this summer and with this incredible heat, they are ripe and ready to go!  At the beginning of August, they looked like this...



And now...ta da!  glorious wee plums!



wild plums in South Ottawa
 
     They are small, so I am thinking jelly might be the way to go as I won't have to remove the pits.  I have read that they will keep a couple of days refrigerated, which is fantastic news as apparently this heat wave isn't over yet!  I made peach jam a couple of days ago with peaches from the reduced rack at work and did it ever make the apartment hot!  Although - right now at 8:30 in the evening - it is lovely sitting on the deck.  

1 comment:

Svetlana said...

Writing a academic essays isn't a really difficult job. One key aspect of any college paper is how well the question is answered.