Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween - Death by Chocolate Edition

Boo!!     Halloween really snuck up on me this year.  I had intended to remake the devils horns that broke when we moved as I still have the pointy tail and together, they make a quick and easy costume.  No such luck.  I did sit down with hubby one night this past week though and we made skulls and bones!  I still had some fondant from the Eddie birthday cake and I hate to let anything go to waste, so we sat together for about an hour and a half and fashioned these little guys:


I decided to do a chocolate on chocolate cupcake with the pile of bones on top to take to work for Halloween day.  Never one to let well enough alone, I decided that the cupcakes needed tombstones.  My very patient husband helped me design a cupcake topper that made these wee desserts seriously cute.



I am thinking that if we do something similar next year, I'd like to model the bones with white chocolate modelling clay.  This way, they would be seriously yummy to eat on their own.  Although several people at work thought these were quite tasty.  I assume that's because the fondant was mixed with homemade marshmallow fondant that I had made, but then realized I didn't have enough and had to mix with the Wilton stuff.

No comments: