Friday, April 08, 2011

Blue Orchid Wedding

I have the pleasure of making wedding cupcakes with a six inch topper cake for a couple getting married this July.  They were here this week with their adorable daughter to see some prototypes and eat some cake.  I did two 5" samples with some gum paste toppers to get their feedback and make sure I was on the right track.





Now I need to get the flowers shaded and make lot's of filler flowers to make the bouquets.  I find arranging the flowers one of the hardest parts as these flowers aren't flexible like real flowers.  I wish there was somewhere here in Ottawa that had the kind of classes where I could learn things like the arranging.  There is a fabulous sounding class at Flourconfections in Pickering, but not only is it out of my price range at $875 - it's four hours away.    Trial and error at home it is!

2 comments:

Mr. Capoeira Sydney said...

What a neat post! Looking forward for more post from you. Thank you for sharing!

gateaux rose said...

Absolutely beautiful!