Monday, March 13, 2006

Practice, Practice, Practice



The problem with this practice business is that there is sugar involved! Giving it away solves some of the problem. This mini cake was iced with Italian Meringue Buttercream from Martha Stewart Living. It was pretty good but I have to figure out out how to get rid of the air bubbles so that I can get the sides and top smoother. I did what the recipe said, beat on low speed for five minutes to eliminate air pockets, but it didn't really seem to do the trick. I guess I need to do it longer. The rose was hard as the icing doesn't have the stability for the inside cone. Back to the other style of buttercream I guess. I got The Well-Decorated Cake by Toba Garrett out of the library, I will try some of her recipes.

1 comment:

Pam @ The Blue Between said...

are you going to make your own wedding cake??? (It looks beautiful btw - you are obviously having fun - but yes, all that practice - and a wedding dress to fit into still ;)